ENTRIES FOR MIP 2013 ARE NOW CLOSED
Every year, World of Concrete exhibitors compete in Concrete Construction Products’ Most Innovative Products Award Program. This is the only annual award program designed to honor the products design for all segments of the concrete and masonry industries. The annual event solicits voting from the audience of our magazine brands and World of Concrete attendees to determine an Attendees' Choice. Product nominations are also reviewed by a select group to receive an Experts' Choice Award.
Winners are published in Concrete Construction Products, as well as in post-show issues of Concrete Construction and The Concrete Producer magazines; and online at Concrete Construction Online, Masonry Construction Online and The Concrete Producer Online.
Make sure you have three things available before beginning the registration process:
1. The complete name of the product you are entering in the MIP award program, as well as a short description of what it is and what it does.
2. A brief explanation of what is innovative about the product and how contractors or producers will benefit from the innovation. Please include more than just its new features.
3. Your credit card information for the entry fee. Prior payment is needed. After payment is received, you will be sent a link to fill out all of your entry information from World of Concrete within 2-3 business days.
Also, we require a high resolution digital image of the product entry. This will be used to create the poster-size images that are in the MIP display at World of Concrete as well as for print and Web listings. Preferred format is JPEG, 300 dpi, 8 inches by 10 inches. Send image via email to email@example.com or on CD to Colette Palait, MIP Awards, Hanley Wood Business Media, 8725 W Higgins Rd, Suite 600, Chicago IL 60631. Images should be submitted at the same time as entries, but must be received by November 30, 2012.
The cost to enter is $500 per product entry until October 15, 2012.
After October 15, 2012, the entry fee increases to $600 and the final submission date is November 30, 2012. (Entries received after November 16, 2012 may not be included in the Dec issue of Concrete Construction Products.)
Categories for 2013
Business Tools and Software; Concrete Production Equipment; Concrete Construction Materials; Decorative Concrete Materials and Equipment; Concrete Construction Equipment; Formwork; General Tools and Equipment; Masonry Materials and Equipment, Demolition and Repair Tools and Materials.
*Note that participation in the 2013 MIP program is open only to 2013 World of Concrete exhibitors. Other program guidelines are outlined on the registration form.
Email any additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
World of Concrete exhibitors are invited to submit products in Hanley Wood's Most Innovative Products Award Program. The annual event showcases the best new products to the attendees and audiences of the official show magazines. Products accepted into the award program receive extensive exposure to show attendees and to more than 100,000 readers of the official show magazines.
There are three award categories.
An Industry Choice Awards is presented to one product in each category. The honoree is selected based upon the most valid votes received in an on-line survey and ballots provided at the World of Concrete. A valid one-line vote is one cast from a unique IP address and is associated with a valid and unique email address. A valid vote cast on a paper ballot must include the WOC Badge number, an email address, and the entrant’s signature. All industry professionals are eligible to cast ballots in this category. (Note: only voters who list themselves in contractor related category are eligible to receive prizes associated in the drawing.)
The Experts Choice Award is presented to products selected by a group of industry professionals. This group includes members of the World of Concrete Seminar Advisory council, members of industry technical programs such as ACI, ASTM, and others, and faculty members of the Concrete Industry Management programs from around the country. Experts are asked to vote within their category of experience. These experts are asked to analyze the technical nature of each product. Since many of the product nominees can have unique attributes even within the same category, there can be multiple awards in a category.
The Editor’s Choice Awards are selected by members of the staffs of Concrete Construction, The Concrete Producer, Masonry Construction, and Public Works. Editors are asked to review the nominees for the effect on the entire industry. There can be multiple awards in a category.
Promotional Benefits Include:
For the 2013 MIP Award program, we are offering an expanded coverage of the product nominated to this Award Program.
On-line Voting Area This a special voting section on the World of Concrete website. The web site will be linked to all of our publications and to the World of Concrete ap. Online voting will begin around December 19, 2012 and end February 15, 2013.
This section will include:
• Product Image and Description: In 75 words or less, you will be asked to briefly describe the product. This description should be limited to the product’s attributes. and will be published in the show edition of Concrete Construction Products. This description will be submitted to the editorial staffs of Concrete Construction, The Concrete Producer, Public Works, Masonry Construction online, and World of Concrete’s Daily News and Concrete Construction Products for review and inclusion in the appropriate magazines.
• Product Application: In 300 words or less, you may submit additional information about your product. In this are you may either: provide more information on the innovation behind the product development, or provide a case history or application story. This is an opportunity to demonstrate how contractors or producers have used the product to solve problems, increase job site efficiency, improve quality, or enhance safety. You may also submit up to 6 additional images of the product to support this application story.
• Product Web Link For an additional $150, you can have your product submission directly linked to your website.
PreShow Editorial Coverage
The MIP Award Program is sponsored by World of Concrete official magazines. All magazines will provide announcements promoting on-line voting and may include special coverage within their editorial coverage of the show. In addition all products will receive exclusive covering including:
• Each product description received prior to Nov.16, 2012 will be listed in the Winter edition of Concrete Construction Products.
• Each product description will be featured in an exclusive editorial section of the Daily News Preshow electronic magazine that will be made available to all registered WOC attendees and readers of Concrete Construction Magazine.
• The photo of each product entry, along with Exhibitor name and booth number, is posted in special MIP Display situated next to the World of Concrete Bookstore. The area will include an online voting kiosk and paper ballots.
• NEW The photo of each product entry, along with Exhibitor name and booth number, is posted in special MIP Display situated in Central Hall near registration and near to the Product Showcase display.
• NEW Handouts of MIP entrants and booth locations will be placed in the Literature Showcase Display in the South Entry area.
• The World of Concrete Program Guide will feature a special section that lists each product, exhibitor and booth number.
• Each product will receive an extended write-up that will be published in The Daily News.
• Each exhibitor will receive 100 paper ballots for distribution in their booth. Exhibitors are allowed to make copies of the ballot, or may purchase additional ballots at the World of Concrete Bookstore.
• Each exhibitor will receive a MIP floor sign at one booth to encourage voting in the MIP award program.
• Special MIP ballot collection kiosks will be located in the show halls, encouraging voting and promoting the award program.
Award winners will be announced by March 1, 2013. The 2013 MIP products and winners will remain on the World of Concrete website until June 1, 2013. Award winning products will receive editorial coverage in Concrete Construction Products, as well as in post-show issues of Concrete Construction, and The Concrete Producer; and online at Concrete Construction Online, Mason Construction Online and The Concrete Producer Online. Exhibitors with award winners will receive a special certificate.