The LENTON® Taper-Threaded Splicing System from ERICO helps assure a positive locking connection to provide continuity and structural integrity to reinforced concrete construction. LENTON spliced bars behave as continuous lengths of reinforcing steel bars by providing “full strength” in tension, compression and stress reversal applications.
The self-aligning, taper-threaded design provides ease of installation, consistent performance and durability. It also develops higher tensile strength than lap splicing and provides full load transfer with the slimmest coupler possible.
LENTON improves the steel-to-concrete ratio by eliminating half of the bars necessary in the “lap zone” of a column. In many international standards, the use of lap splicing may exceed the concrete-to-steel ratio. However, LENTON splices allow you to design smaller columns and create maximum floor space, while reducing your form and concrete costs.
The benefits of using LENTON mechanical splices include:
* Allows maximum bar cross-section to be used
* Reduces need for concrete cover and eliminates rebar congestion due to small diameter
* Short length and slim design ensure the least disturbance to uniform stiffness
* Splice strength is independent of rebar deformation
* Unique tapered thread requires no lock nuts and provides a positive locking, extremely low-slip connection
* Any length, shape, diameter or combination of bar sizes can be mechanically spliced
For more information please call 1-800-248-2677 or visit www.erico.com.
ERICO International Corporation
Message Sent! Thank you for your inquiry.